Aggregated Fitness Results from FitnessGram® in Iowa
- The Iowa FitnessGram® Initiative has been partnering with a number of districts to enhance their use of FITNESSGRAM data.
- Through the Cooper Institute, our team is able to access de-identified data and to assist with the tracking of the data.
- Customized reports are compiled for individual districts and shared with the district leaders to assist in programming.
- Data are NOT compared across districts but are aggregated to provide summary information on the overall patterns and trends observed in the participating schools.
- A total of 67 schools from five school districts (i.e., Des Moines, Johnson, Indianola, North Polk, and Oskaloosa) collectively contributed over 32,000 FITNESSGRAM records into the Iowa FITNESSGRAM database from 2014-2015.
- Results from a larger scale project NFL PLAY 60 FITNESSGRAM Partnership Project were used to provide a reference sample to youth fitness level at local Iowa.
- The overall achievement of the FITNESSGRAM Healthy Fitness Zone and the various fitness component assessments can be examined by age and gender in the slideshow images below. Select among the five tests to view them individually.